Like Scrabble and Boggle? This tackles those ideas of point scoring but how about a musical time limit to picking up letters and not seeing all the letters? Intriguing and addictive.
Alphabeats is a mashup of word games and music. It makes spelling into a fast-paced action challenge, set to pulse-pounding tracks from your favorite artists. Rather than being a rhythm game, it’s an evolving word puzzle that moves to the music, at speeds from “tranced out” to “twitch action nightmare.”
Depending on the speed of the song depends on the speed of the letters – so we suggest starting on a slow song and finishing on a dub step song.
Mashes up word games and music into a whole new challenge!
- Twenty tracks – Featuring artists including Disasterpeace and Big Giant Circles.
- Custom songs – Listen to tunes in a whole new way. Turn any music file into a visualization to captivate your dexterity and intellect.
- Leaderboards – Compete with your friends, or ascend international echelons. Will you go for a high score, or construct a single legendary word?
- Amplify your vocabulary – Instantly look up any word you spell, and gain bonuses for spelling words of the day (hand-curated for fun and obscurity).
- Three difficulty modes – Enjoy a Zen chillout on Normal mode, or add limited lives to form a lexical bullet hell on Spellfire difficulty.
Letters come down and you pick what letters to pick up. If you have more than one letter – your icon that moves column to column covers more than one column. So moving and picking up the correct letters for bigger and better scoring words is hard.
“Imagine driving down a 12 lane highway with a car thats 5 lanes wide – not that moveable.”
Powerups are hard to use but that adds to the game – clearing letters off the screen, making 5 letters condense into one circle icon, etc.
A good fun game that in the PC Port can now put your own songs into it. Good replayability if you have a good vocab.
Good solid game. 3/5