Last month we brought the first of our two Christmas cocktails courtesy of Joanna Simon and Belvoir Fruit Farms. If you missed our first instalment have a read here, where you can see Joanna’s hit list and essential items, as well as the Sloe Dance cocktail.
- 320ml of freshly squeezed orange juice (4–6 oranges)
- 40ml fresh lemon juice
- zest of about ¾ of an unwaxed lemon
- 160ml Belvoir Blueberry & Blackcurrant Cordial
- Aromatic bitters, such as orange or peach (optional)
- 2 unwaxed oranges, sliced
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 400ml Belvoir Ginger Beer
- Jug or Punch bowl; punch cups or tumblers
- Put the citrus juices, lemon zest, Blueberry & Blackcurrant Cordial and the bitters, if using, in the jug or bowl.
- Add the orange slices and pomegranate seeds and leave to macerate.
- When you are ready to serve, add ice cubes (16–20, depending on size) and top up with Belvoir Ginger Beer.
Cheers! And remember that there are 16 Belvoir Cordials and 17 lightly sparkling Pressés to choose from to ensure that any drivers in the party are suitably catered for. All are handmade at Belvoir using only natural ingredients and no artificial additives, sweeteners or preservatives. The range is available from leading supermarkets, delicatessens, food halls, farm shops or via the website www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk. Prices start from £3.00 upwards on cordials, £2.39 upwards on 75cl pressés, and £1.75 upwards on 25cl pressés.