4 Chicken Thighs (bone & skin removed)
4 tbsp Plain Flour
2 Eggs (Beaten)
Shichimi Chilli Powder
200 grams Panko Breadcrumbs
½ White Cabbage
100 ml Vegetable Oil
Tonkatsu Sauce (Brown Sauce)
- Season the chicken thighs with a pinch of salt and shichimi chilli powder.
- Place the plain flour into a bowl, crack the eggs and place them in a different bowl then whisk and place the panko bread crumbs into a third bowl.
- Coat the seasoned chicken thigh into the flour, then the egg and then the panko breadcrumbs making sure that all of the chicken is coated.
- Slice the cabbage as thinly as possible and soak in cold water for 5 minutes then drain it well.
- Place the vegetable oil into a pan and heat. Shallow fry the breaded chicken for 3 minutes on each side or until they are slightly crispy and cooked through.
- Slice the chicken into 5 finger sized pieces.
- Place the cabbage onto the plate and neatly arrange the chicken katsu pieces then drizzle with the tonkatsu sauce.
For more recipes and ideas like this, why not check out Yo! Sushi.