Card Game with no Micro-Transactions… Puzzling City Builder…. Intrigued? Read on…..
Think Sim City or City Skylines but as a puzzler. 5 building spots in a column and the player has to decide what goes where in a clever but clear points system.
Starting with a deck of selected cards, placing buildings from the cards is a clear concept. Each building will affect their surroundings in different ways, obviously building a brewery next to a school is a bad idea. The aim of the game is to clear blocks/columns by gathering points from the “resident blocks”.
The game gets more puzzling and bigger as the player gets further into it.
“You’ll find yourself inadvertently creating zoning puzzles- playing against your own past planning decisions!”
Versus mode is also available and the CPU players are hard to beat!!
- Over 200 cards of different varieties. NO MICRO TRANSACTIONS!!!
- 8 unique playable characters with unique cards and abilities – meaning a different playing style is needed for each of them.
- Fully voiced story mode.
- Competitive Versus mode – CPU or Local available. (UP to 4 players)
- Rich and atmospheric soundtrack featuring Xerxes, D.P. Kaufman, Mokhov.
- Steam achievements, trading cards and leader-boards.
- Support for any resolution, border-less window full-screen and controller support.
We were surprised with how fast we got into the game. The Story mode starts off with a tutorial of the basics and it worked well.
Getting the points in the early levels is easy but it introduces the concept of the game quickly. Later on levels get harder and building on those concepts was good to see. Basically the game has hidden depth that surprised us and kept us playing.
How far the player gets is up to the player’s strategy. A key aspect of the game is column clearing, get the points to clear the column. Each level has the player getting a certain amount of columns to clear and the point total gets harder the further you get.
Do you go for the easy column clear or do you line up columns for future clears?
Brilliant game that we lost hours trying to complete the puzzles. One of the puzzlers of the year for us. It’s creative and has a bigger depth we have only just started exploring.
For More Info
Steam Page – Click Here