Part of our Cottages4you mini series – if you missed part one click here!
6 baking potatoes
Large Cornish Grey Mullet Fillet
2 red peppers roasted
2 white onion
1 can of chopped tomatoes
Pinch of Salt and pepper
Begin with preparing the sauce:
1. Char grill the red peppers then put them in a tub with a lid leave for 10mins to sweat (or
roast them). Peel and wash the red peppers.
2. Chop and sweat the onions and garlic and oregano. When soft add in the tomatoes and
bring to the boil.
3. Then blend together the peppers and tomatoes and finally pass the mixture through a sieve.
Making the potatoes:
4. Peel the skin off the potatoes.
5. Cut the potatoes using a turning knife to create a barrow shape.
6. Boil the potatoes for approximately 15 minutes.
7. Dry the potatoes and leave to cool.
Cooking the fish:
8. Pan fry the fish until golden brown with the skin facing down. Flip it over to sear the meat.
9. Then turn it back over and put in the oven for 5 minutes until cooked.
10. Mix the potatoes with the sauce. Chargrill/toast the bread to give it a crunchy texture. Serve
the potatoes, with bread placed on top, and then place the grilled fish on the bread. Enjoy!
Old School Bar & Kitchen, Rodda’s Road, Mount Hawke, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8DX