Exfoliation, the act of removing dead cells from your facial skin with the help of exfoliators, has many benefits. For all you men out there, this goes for you too! It’s not just something for a females’ daily skin care routine.
On top of cleansing, regular exfoliation can improve the results of your skin care routine and help rejuvenate your skin. Exfoliating helps with all of these areas:
- Improves skin texture – your complexion will appear brighter, vibrant and smooth after removing your dead skin cells which speeds up the skin renewal process.
- Better Absorption – removing the layer of dead skin cells helps moisturisers, serum and sunscreen be better absorbed by your skin.
- Helps clear acne and breakouts – spot prone skin sheds more skin cells than other types of skin. These skin cells will stick to the face and clog pores, as this builds the skin will produce extra follicle oil which will lead to blackhead an blemishes. Regular exfoliation will help keep these at bay!
- Reduces appearance of large pores – exfoliating also helps remove the dirt stuck deep inside your pores which makes the pores appear larger, something cleansing doesn’t do.
- Exfoliate away all signs of aging – over the years your skin will become drier and less elastic, which is the reason wrinkles and lines appear, and may feel a little rough too. Exfoliating will help to keep skin looking young and maintain its shine.
Kale Enzymatic Exfoliating Cleanser, which launched on September 1st , is Nourish’s latest skin saviour treatment. This newest addition to their range claims to renew and mattify skin leaving it looking rejuvenated and healthy.
The Nourish range is created by Dr Pauline Hili a specialist in organic skincare and the science behind the remarkable properties of plant extracts, trusted and acclaimed by beauty experts for over 15years.
Nourish choose biodegradable ingredients and plant extracts from organic farming for their products, and even have an ethically sourced vegan range!
The active ingredients in the Kale Enzymatic Exfoliating Cleanser are:
Organice kale extract: improves suppleness and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and redness.
Pomegranate enzyme: an excellent natural skin rejuvenator
Probiotic: stimulates collagen synthesis and increases oxygen uptake and cellular renewal
Griffonia extract: instantly revives and lifts skin and reduces fine lines. Its blend of carbohydrates provides a unique defence mechanism to protect skin against environmental stress.
Argan oil: provides tissue healing, sun protection and is an anti-inflammatory.
We’re always looking for products that can be used in multiple ways, a great way to save some pennies and less time spent on deciding between brands and products. Well with this exfoliator you’re in for a treat, not only does it cleanse and exfoliate it can be used in 3 different ways.
This exfoliator can be used as a cleanser, a daily mask or a weekly facial!
The exfoliator comes in a handy flip-top tube which is great for applying. You can use one hand to work the tube and the other to apply so you’re not getting the product all over the outside of the packaging.
It smells fresh, natural, a little grassy which will be the kale and perhaps a little oily. It’s a nice change to the un-naturally smelling, strong floral face masks and exfoliators which you see everywhere.
When you squeeze the tube, the product comes out smoothly and you can feel that its not as rough as other exfoliators, there aren’t big exfoliating balls. It applies pretty easily, although you do have to use quite a bit to get a good even coating over the face for a mask.
There’s no tingling sensation so it doesn’t feel like there’s too many chemicals in it, which is good. After using the Kale Enzymatic Exfoliating Cleanser your skin feels fresh and clean. As it’s a mattifying exfoliator it perhaps doesn’t make your skin as soft as other exfoliators, so apply some moisturiser after to achieve this, however you know it’s done a great natural deep down clean.
The Kale Enzymatic Exfoliating Cleanser has a SRP of £16.50 and is available from nourishskinrange.com, liv.co.uk, feelunique.com, Planet Organic, and other premium health stores, e-tailors and pharmacies nationwide.
There’s the benefits of exfoliating and a great new product, keep on top of your skin care routine for gorgeous, healthy skin!