There have been many innovations in beauty over the years from using the venom from bee stings, to the slime that slugs leave behind, but now there is a whole new level of beauty indulgence that is a little less cringe worthy, 24 Carat Gold face masks.
Yes, you did read that right, a face mask that has 24 carat gold in it. The Luxurious Gold Crystal Collagen Face Masks from Jamela Skincare are indeed a little piece of extravagance to add to your skincare regime. Surely though it cant just be for the sake of adding the pretty shimmering colour to our faces for half an hour or so, can it?
The masks tackle the following areas –
- Fighting the signs of ageing
- Firmness of the skin
But how is gold different to all of the other ingredients we have been told to put on our faces over the years?
From as far back as Ancient Egypt, it seems that Gold has been used in one form or another as part of beauty regimes. It is known that Cleopatra used gemstones, minerals and possibly gold on her skin, as make up, face masks and even had milk in her bath. But why gold?
- Gold helps to brighten the complexion of the skin making it more radiant and youthful in appearance.
- Increasing elasticity in the skin is another benefit of gold on the skin by activating the basal cells. Gold also breaks down something called elastin which allows the elasticity of the skin to regenerate. This means that marks, blemishes wrinkles, fine lines and imperfections can be reduced as the skin tightens.
- Gold can reduce the production of melanin in the skin, which is the substance that is produced when we are exposed to the sunlight and therefore tan. This means that gold can treat sun damaged skin.
- It also improves the circulation of blood by stimulating the nerves and cells in the body. This not only allows for a more radiant appearance but encourages the production of collagen, fighting the signs of ageing.
- It can soothe and rejuvenate, so is perfect for sensitive skin.
- Gold helps to keep the skin hydrated.
- In fact Jamela skincare claim that the gold masks can increase the skins moisture saturation by up to 92%!
How to use it…
The mask is really easy to use. It comes in a box of five masks and each one is individually sealed. Removing the mask in itself is an experience, it feels like you imagine a jellyfish would, (without the stings). The mask is made of gel and comes in a single sheet with holes for the eyes, nose and mouth. It is an extremely wet, silky and slippery thing to touch, so be careful as you could easily drop it.
There is an instant cooling and soothing effect as you are plunged in to a rose scented world of pure, luxurious indulgence.
The mask is left for 30 minutes, during that time the heat from your face will slowly break down the nutrients in the mask and absorb them into the skin.
You can purchase Jamela Skincare Luxurious Gold Crystal Collagen Facial Masks for £49.50