Smiles are something that we do much of the time without even thinking, but this simple act can influence so much and effect so many.
Later in the year it is National Smile Month, (May 18th – June 18th 2015) and in preparation for what is set to be a month of happiness, we thought it would fun to see what a smile can do for you. The National Smile Month website has lots of great facts and figures about oral health and what makes for a good smile, but how can a smile effect you?
- It takes 43 muscles to frown but only 17 to smile
- On a night out, 80% of us would be more likely to talk to somebody we didn’t know if they smiled at us
- A ‘smile’ comes top of the things we first notice when meeting a new person
- Teeth/Smiles are rated the second most important attraction feature, after personality, and the most important body feature surveyed (including body shape, height, hair, face and eyes).
- The colour yellow makes us smile the most, whereas purple makes us smile the least
- Chocolate comes top of the foods that make us smile the most, followed then by Sunday roast, a curry and a fry-up
- When seeking a new partner, a smile is top of the most sought after physical attributes, beating body shape, dress sense and eyes
A smile gives you confidence, lifts your mood and can make someone else’s day, but aside from healthy teeth, a good smile needs lovely, plump, soft well looked after lips.
There are a number of ways to look after your lips, including scrubs, moisturisers, serums and oils, but one of the easiest ways to look after your lips and ensure a radiant smile is to use a chap stick. Of course chap sticks have come a long way in recent years and now they have an abundance of benefits besides protecting sore lips from the cold.
Blistex have just released two new sticks that will pamper your pucker and is luxury for your lips. Coming in two fantastically fruity flavours – Simply Sensational Strawberry and Mouth Watering Mango, they will keep your mouth moisturised, soft and nourished, whilst tasty fabulously fruity to boot.
The Blistex sticks are available from Boots and Tesco stores across the country and are just £2.49 each! So look after your smackers and keep your smile stunning!