This month we are having a look at India, just in time for Diwali the Festival of Light. When most people think of Indian culture, they probably mostly think of the great food and the celebrations of Diwali- hopefully after this week you will know a whole lot more about the country. Like last month, we are going to start the week off with a few facts about the country that you might not already know.
– India is located in South East Asia and is the 7th largest country in the world by area.
– India is the largest democracy by population with over 1.2 billion people.
– The capital city of India is New Delhi although people often believe it is Mumbai.
– Mumbai is India’s largest city.
– Both Hindi and English is spoken across India although they don’t have their own national language.
– The name ‘India’ is derived from the River Indus
– Yoga originates from India.
We hope you’re looking forward to India Week!