In a body aware society, where we are constantly bombarded with images showing us just how we ‘should’ look, it is easy to become self-conscious about the way we look.
It is important to point out here that we feel body image is a very personal subject, something that only you, the reader, can understand how you feel about you. Making any changes to your appearance should only be done if you really feel it would make a difference to yourself.
Having said that, if one of the things you feel conscious about is the colour of your teeth, then help is at hand. Whitewash Laboratories make products to whiten your teeth, at a professional level, at home. People seem to exude more confidence when they feel like their smile is not just beautiful, as is everyone’s, but also brilliant.
Whitewash Laboratories products are all developed by UK dentists, and each one of them comply with the Cosmetic Directive 2012 making the dental care effective and safe. There are lots of different options when it comes to tooth whitening, but by far the easiest and more straight forward has to be toothpaste and here are our top picks from Whitewash Labs, along with a few tips from the experts.
Remineralising Whitening Toothpaste
Containing hydroxyapatite, which according to the experts is ‘one of the building blocks’ when looking after tooth enamel, Remineralising Whitening Toothpaste, does more than just brighten your teeth. As well as helping to restore teeth to their natural whiteness, it also aids people with sensitive teeth, the addition of fluoride and xylitol means that it helps prevent tooth decay as well. It even comes in a special tube that comes with a pump dispenser.
In fact Remineralising Whitening Toothpaste will help remove plaque, freshen breath, promote healthy gums and improve overall oral cleanliness, it is a multi tasking giant of a toothpaste.
Silver Particle Whitening Toothpaste
WhiteWash Professional Whitening Toothpaste with Silver Particle Technology was created to tackle a multitude of areas in oral health and cleanliness. As well as whitening the teeth, using the unique micro-polishers it helps restore your teeth to their natural whiteness. This is compounded by the use of silver particles, yes you did read that right, 99% pure silver particles, which leave you with a feeling of freshness and incredible cleanliness. The toothpaste is also infused with Green Tea Extract, Vitamin E and Aloe Vera.
Top Tips From The Experts
- Make sure to have a thorough dental examination before whitening your teeth to ensure you have a healthy mouth and are a suitable candidate for teeth whitening.
- See a hygienist for a professional clean to remove surface staining and ensure you know the correct technique for keeping your teeth extra clean.
- Make sure you clean your teeth effectively with an electric toothbrush for two minutes using whitening toothpaste, and don’t forget to use floss or inter-dental brushes to clean between your teeth.
- Try to avoid foods that stain your teeth i.e. tea, coffee, red wine, curries and don’t smoke.
- Use peroxide-based products for whitening, such as gels and strips, and non-peroxide based products such as whitening toothpastes and an electric toothbrush for maintenance.
- Individuals with teeth sensitive to hot, cold, acidic foods and drinks or those who suffer from oral ulceration, should discuss this with their prescribing dentist before undergoing a course of whitening treatment.
- If sensitivity occurs when whitening your teeth, use whitening products on alternate days.
- Whitening products will only whiten natural teeth; they will not effect caps, crowns, veneers, bridges, fillings or dentures. Do not use whitening products on loose teeth, temporary teeth or orthodontic appliances.
- Home whitening will give the best results. Even if you have a power whitening session, following up with home whitening afterwards will improve the results. Better still, save money and avoid the power whitening appointment. It might take a bit longer but just doing he home whitening will give the same results.
- Do not buy products containing more than 0.1% hydrogen peroxide off of the internet. Some teeth whitening products available online are unlicensed and damaging to the teeth.
Tips courtesy of Tom Riley, Managing Director of Whitewash Laboratories.