Simply Media are releasing for the first time on DVD, Season Four of the hit BBC One Drama Moving On.
Moving On is a fantastic show that tackles difficult subjects such as addiction, depression, living as a single parent and bereavement. Each of the characters have come to a turning point in their lives where they need to deal with something difficult and then try to move on from it. The series is filled with more than a few home truths that people struggle to face as well as the lies that serve to make life even more difficult.
The star studded cast adds gravitas to the story line, they include people such as Matthew Kelly (Stars in their Eyes), Jason Manford (Stand Up Comedian), Rob James-Collier (Downton Abbey) and Paul McGann (Whitnall & I). The stars are not the only reason why the show is so good, it is written bu Jimmy McGovern who has won countless awards and known for Cracker and Banished, as well as featuring an episode that is directed by comedian Johnny Vegas.
Season Four of Moving on features five emotive episodes:
- The Shrine
- Selling a home has never been easy, especially in today’s market, but it becomes even harder when a young boy is found murdered on your doorstep. Staring Matthew Kelly, Barbara Flynn, Sally Carman, Steve Evets and Neil Bell.
- Visiting Order
- Some decisions in life are difficult, but none more so than having to choose between your boyfriend and your father, a father who is currently imprisoned. Starring Marian Saastad Ottensen, Rob James-Collier, Bkarne Henriksen and Morag Siller.
- Friends Like These
- Everyone likes to make new friends, but when a single mother who struggles with day to day life befriends a new mother at the school, she quickly realises things are not always what they seem! Starring Gillin Kearney. Natasha Little and Rachel Leskovac.
- Blood Ties
- When a dutiful son begins to take care of his father who recently had a bad fall, a tragic accident occurs to change everything. Starring Paul McGann, Jack Shepherd, Jennifer Hennessy ad Rob Jarvis.
- That’s Amore
- Break ups are difficult at the best of times, but breaking from your spouse and still living together is a recipe for disaster. Starring Jason Manford, Rebekah Staton, Jack Deam and Patrick McDonnell.
All in all Moving on is a powerful drama that looks at some of the most challenging and difficult situations people can face, thought provoking and captivating, it is now available on DVD from 27th June 2016.