What began as a small operation in the early 1980’s, born out of a love of food, have become an incredible business that helps countless charities across the world, Newman’s Own truly tries to change the world one mouthful at a time.
In thirty year they have donated over $400 million to charity, money that has come from the delicious food products that the company have made, nearly 100 in total.
It all started when Paul Newman, talented and acclaimed actor, would use old wine bottles adorned with pretty parchment labels to gift his salad dressings to neighbours on the holidays. He was known for wanting to make a difference in the world, to make it better for everyone and so the entire ethos of the company follows this ideal.
The condiments, sauces and dressing are absolutely stunning and we have been lucky enough to have some shared with us, so keep an eye out over the next weeks for them. Until then, to keep your mouth-watering we have one for you today…
- 400 g boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- Grated zest and juice 1 small unwaxed lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Newman’s Own Hot Pepper Sauce
- Rice and salad, to serve
- In a large bowl, mix together the lemon zest and juice, olive oil and paprika, add the chicken and turn to coat in the marinade. Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cover and leave to marinate, in the fridge for about 30 minutes, or longer if time allows
- Thread the meat and vegetables alternately onto 4 long or 8 shorter metal skewers. Preheat the grill or barbecue and cook the kebabs for 10-15 minutes, over a medium heat, turning occasionally and brushing with any remaining marinade, until the chicken is cooked through
- Serve with rice, salad and a good drizzle of the Hot Pepper Sauce