Sometimes cooking gluten free can be a real chore, indeed any cooking can be when you are tired, in pain or just can’t be bothered to give the food the time it deserves. Here is a really quick and simple alternative to pizza, that has endless possibilities and is fun to make, perfect for kids and grown ups alike.
- 1 Pack of (Gluten Free/Normal) Pita Breads
- Sauce of your choice (Tomato, BBQ etc)
- Side Salad
This really is as simple as it gets, but allows you to customise your meal to your liking. This is especially important if you fancy a quick pizza and like a specific topping! The basic premise of this recipe is to create a pizza from a pita.
- Take the pita breads from the packet and lay out on a baking tray.
- Make sure to put a few slits in the side of your pitas, otherwise they will look like a balloon once cooked.
- Spread your sauce of choice, we used BBQ here, but you can pick any you like.
- Sprinkle some chopped onion over the sauce.
- Top with grated cheese of your choice.
- Oven cook the Pizzitas for around ten minutes at 180°, ensuring you keep an eye on them.
- Serve sliced, or whole with a beautifully prepared side salad.
They are very quick and easy to make and prepare. Here we prepared our side salad in OXO’s 3-Piece Berry Bowl and Colander, which is perfect for not only preparing delicious berries and fruit, but also for washing and storing salad. It is a lovely addition to any kitchen. With a bowl, colander and lid, we were able to prepare, wash and store the side salad until we were ready to devour it.
The funky tool you see used to slice our Pizzita is also from OXO and now a firm favourite in our kitchen. The Clean Cut Pizza Wheel cuts perfectly with no mess and is really easy to keep a hold of, it is comfortable to use too. It is super easy to clean and just the ticket when something pizza like needs cutting!