The Crumbs Sisters & Lizi’s Granola
The Crumbs Sisters use Lizi’s Granola to create a stunning Pistachio & Passionfruit Cake
If there’s one thing us Brits do well after a Royal baby is born, it’s have a party!
Famous online bloggers, vloggers and all round recipes masterminds, The Crumbs Sisters have combined forces with Lizi’s Granola to produce a delicious and original Pistachio and Passionfruit cake specially for your Royal baby celebrations.
This cleverly designed cake infused with Lizi’s Passionfruit & Pistachio Granola is an original alternative, making it a nice change for home baking as well as being a great conversation starter.
The best thing is, it looks harder than it is!
- 250g butter - room temperature
- 250g sugar
- 100g pistachios, roasted but not salted
- 100g ground almonds
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- Juice and zest of an orange
- Passionfruit Icing
- 50g butter - room temperature
- 150g cream cheese
- 75g icing sugar
- 1 passion fruit (or passion fruit curd)
- 1 tbsp Lizi's Passionfruit & Pistachio Granola
- Butter and line a 20cm cake tin. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/160 fan.
- Give the butter and sugar a really good mix with a handheld blender or a standalone mixer (if you've got one, lucky thing!).
- After about three minutes of whizzing, add pistachios, almonds, flour, baking powder and the yoghurt.
- Give it a good beating, till everything is well mixed. Then add the eggs, one at a time.
- Pour the batter into the lined cake tin and put in the oven for around 50 minutes, until a skewer comes out of the cake clean.
- Leave to cool and make the icing.
- With an electric whisk cream the butter until it is pale. Add the cream cheese, whisk some more and then whisk in the icing sugar. Cut the passion fruit in half, and sieve the juice into the icing. You could put the seeds in too, but for something a bit simpler-looking, just the juice will do (or a tablespoon of passionfruit curd) Stir and then, using a knife, spread the icing on to the cake. Crumble the granola over the top for a yummy crunch.