The Decadent Decaf Coffee Company’s aim is to reincarnate decaf with a new coffee you can enjoy whether you are a caffeine lover or decaf devotee.
By taking the highest quality single origin coffees, which are gently decaffeinated using the premium Swiss Water Process (leaving the coffee flavours in the bean before being slowly flame roasted in small batches), The Decadent Decaf Coffee Company has created gourmet decaf range which includes:
- Signature Espresso Blend (£6.99) – Combining beans from Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Ethiopia and Rwanda.
- Indonesia Sumatra Mandehling (£6.99) – Once lost to the jungles of Sumatra, it took almost 100 years for this Arabica varietal to be rediscovered. This is a serious coffee known for its deep, brown sugar body, smooth cocoa finish and intense aroma for those who like a strong cup of coffee.
- Costa Rica Strictly Hard Bean (£6.99) – An Arabica coffee selected from quality coffees grown above 1200 metres in Tarazzu, Costa Rica. This winning combination of altitude, climate and variety produces a famous all-rounder including a crisp and clean aromatic cup, a balanced body with subtle chocolate and nutty tones suitable for all brewing methods.
- Ethiopia Sidamo (£7.99) – Named after the Sidamo province of Southern Ethiopia, famous for the fertile highlands south of Lake Awasa, the result is smallish Arabica beans bursting with flavour. Ethiopia Sidamo is renowned for its bright lemon and citrus notes but expect a honeysuckle aroma and a delicate finish with hints of green tea.
- Kenya AA (£7.99) – Kenya AA’s two annual harvests yield a coffee with exceptional brightness and a rich wine-like cup with hints of currants in a balanced, medium bodied Arabica coffee. This is very much a vibrant coffee that lights up the palate and pleasantly lingers in the mouth.
According to the Decadent Decaf Coffee Company, here are some reasons why they believe you should switch to decaf:
- Great tasting single origin decaffeinated coffees – you won’t notice the difference between caffeinated and decaf
- Less anxiety/stress and better quality of sleep than drinking classic caffeinated coffee
- Can help preserve brain function
- Contains high levels of anti-oxidants that can prevent conditions associated with the ageing process and cancer
- A great source of hydration. The old myth of coffee being a diuretic is yet another old misnomer that has been proven wrong by scientists
Whilst we cannot confirm the statements about why it’s worth switching to decaf coffee, we did enjoy the strong flavour of the coffee – we couldn’t tell the difference between decaf and normal varieties.
All coffees are available exclusively from www.decadentdecaf.com