One of the big love of us Brits is a good old-fashioned barbecue when the sun comes out. It is the perfect opportunity to get together with friends and family, relax in the garden and cook some delicious food to share with everyone.
There is more to a barbecue tan your standard shop bought burgers and sausages though and we have a few recipes to share with you from the fabulous people over at VeryCook. Their incredible range includes the Gas Plancha Grill and VeryPizz’ Accessory. The VeryPizz’ is a really exciting addition to the Plancha Grill, it essentially allows you to turn the grill itself into a pizza oven, yes you read that right a pizza oven! Not only that, but they come in ten vibrant colours.
Of course a barbecue is no good unless you use it, so we chose a few recipes from VeryCook to share with you over the coming weeks, starting with this one…
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat soured cream
- 4 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 675g chicken meat, pulsed in a food processor until finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- 4 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 60g celery, diced
- Preheat the plancha gas grill on medium-high. Stir the soured cream, blue cheese and Worcestershire sauce together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Mix the chicken, hot sauce, salt, chicken seasoning, paprika and pepper together in a mixing bowl until evenly blended. Make 4 burgers from the mixture.
- Cook the chicken burgers for 6 to 7 minutes and flip the burgers over. Brush the cooked side with 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce and continue cooking for about 5 minutes more or until they are fully cooked.
- Serve burgers with lettuce, the burger sauce from step 1 or other dressings of your choice.